Choosing the right lawyer for your situation can have a significant impact in the outcome of your case. Your lawyer will speak and act on your behalf throughout the process. Therefore, it’s important to ask a lot of questions when you’re interviewing your prospective injury attorney. Here are some questions that you should ask:
- How much experience do you and your law firm have in handling legal situations like mine?
- How much experience do you and your law firm have in handling cases involving injuries like mine?
- How much experience do you and your law firm have in handling cases involving similar factual circumstances as mine?
- How much experience do you and your law firm have in handling cases involving similar legal issues as mine?
- How many matters like mine have you handled in the past year or two?
- Who else in your firm would work on my case?
- What is your fee structure and how will I be billed?
- How long have you been practicing as a licensed attorney?
- What percentage of your practice is devoted to handling cases similar to mine?
- How many cases have you taken to trial and what were the results?
- Can you provide me with the names of past clients who are willing to discuss their experiences as clients of your firm?
- How will you keep me advised of the status of my case as it progresses?
- Too often, people who are hiring a lawyer simply don’t ask enough questions until it’s too late. This often results in a breakdown in the attorney-client relationship. Which can have serious consequences in the outcome of the case.
Don’t hesitate to ask your prospective attorney any questions you have about your case.