Edward D. (Kip) Roberston
PRACTICE AREAS: Insurance Bad Faith, Catastrophic/Personal Injury, Business Litigation, Class Action, Trials and Appeals.
Edward D. (Kip) Robertson graduated magna cum laude from the University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Law. Since that time, he has devoted his practice to representing plaintiffs with one of the Midwest’s preeminent law firms, Bartimus, Frickleton & Robertson, P.C. Mr. Robertson specializes in handling all types of civil cases from their beginning all the way through appeal. He handles both individual cases and complex class action matters having a national scope.
Robertson loves the equality a courtroom can bring:
“The courts are often the only place where individuals and corporate giants stand on equal footing; I wanted to be part of a field that helps achieve this balance, ” he said.
Robertson routinely consults with other lawyers from all over the United States on how to communicate more strategically and effectively with jurors and judges. He teaches this methodology with nationally recognized strategic communication consultant Rodney Jew.
Robertson is licensed to practice before the Courts of Missouri and Kansas, as well as the United States District Courts for the Western District of Missouri and the District of Kansas. He lives in Leawood, Kansas, with his wife, Jennifer, and their two sons, Edward and Christopher.
Awards & Honors:
- J.D. University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law, magna cum laude.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014) (2015)
- Voted one of Missouri’s Up & Coming Attorneys by Missouri Lawyer’s Media (2014)
- Past Chair of Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Torts Law Committee
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Course Instructor, 2015 MASTER CLASS WITH RODNEY JEW (Yountville, CA, September 14-16, 2015).
- Course Instructor, 2015 MASTER CLASS WITH RODNEY JEW (Yountville, CA, June 17-19, 2015).
- Reframe: It’s Not About Your Plaintiff. REFOCUS 2014 WITH RODNEY JEW (Napa, California October 2014).
- Streamlining: Simpler, but Better. REFOCUS 2014 WITH RODNEY JEW (Napa, California, October 2014).
- Streamlining: Simpler, but Better. NEW JERSEY ASSOCIATION FOR JUSTICE ANNUAL BOARDWALK CONVENTION (Atlantic City, NJ, April 30, 2014).
- Thinking Visually: Teaching Judges and Jurors in a Digital Age. WASHBURN UNIVERSITY ADVANCE TRIAL ADVOCACY (Topeka, KS November 4, 2013)
- Streamlining: Thinking by First Principles: REFOCUS: A SEMINAR ON CRITICAL THINKING WITH RODNEY JEW (Napa, California October 2013) (Sponsored by the American Association for Justice).
- Streamlining Depositions: The Value of Targeting Your Thinking: REINVENT YOUR LITIGATION STRATEGY: A SEMINAR ON CRITICAL THINKING WITH RODNEY JEW (Napa, California October 2012) (Sponsored by the American Association for Justice).
- Streamlining Depositions: The Value of Targeting Your Thinking. AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR JUSTICE NATIONAL CONVENTION (Chicago, IL July, 2012).
- Streamlining Depositions: A Bit Wider, or Much Deeper? RETHINK YOUR LITIGATION APPROACH: A SEMINAR ON CRITICAL THINKING WITH RODNEY JEW (Napa, California October, 2011) (Sponsored by the American Association for Justice).
- Missouri Venue and House Bill 1304: Misguided “Deforms” Demonstrate the Necessity of Judicial Districts, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI, KANSAS CITY LAW REVIEW, Vol. 73, No. 3, Spring, 2005.
- Kip Robertson
- Bartimus, Frickleton, Robertson & Goza, P.C.
- One Hallbrook Place
- 11150 Overbrook Road, Suite 200
- Leawood, KS 66211
- (913) 266 2300
- (913) 266 2366