Practice Areas: Cases arising from transportation accidents, often involving commercial vehicles, airplanes, and trains, as well as, victims injured by defective products and premises.
Twenty percent of his practice is devoted to mass tort litigation involving pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and consumer products.
His firm has 11 lawyers. The four principle parties collectively have more than 100 years of experience in the legal field.
Steve Gorny graduated magna cum laude from the Washburn University School of Law in 1994. He earned bachelor’s degrees in political science and sociology from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
In 2006, he and Jim Frickleton obtained the seventh largest trial verdict in the United States. Mr. Gorny also has obtained the largest non-punitive wrongful death verdict in Missouri history and the largest verdict ever in Cass County, Missouri. He is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocate’s Forum, which is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Less than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers are members.
- Super Lawyers: Missouri and Kansas (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys:
- Member; Executive Committee (2009 – present)
- Member; Board of Directors (1999 – present)
- Chair; Economic Impact Committee
- Named to Best Lawyers in America (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- ATLA Top 100 Lawyer in Kansas
- Stephen Gorny
- The Gorny Law Firm, LC
- 2 Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd., Suite 410
- Kansas City, MO 64112
- (o) (816) 756-5071
- (f) (816) 756-5067
- (dd) (816) 756-5013