John K. Powers
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Construction & Workplace Accidents
John Powers is a founding partner of the firm of Powers and Santola, LLP. His practice is limited to the representation of catastrophically injured individuals, a field of law in which he has more than 35 years of experience.
A graduate of the University of Notre Dame and Albany Law School, John is a nationally recognized authority on the medical and legal aspects of catastrophic injury.
A Co-Founder of the National College of Advocacy and former President of the New York State Trial Lawyers Institute, John is in frequent demand as a speaker, particularly in the area of advocating on behalf of individuals who have suffered catastrophic injuries. In the past, he has served as a chairperson or lecturer at more than 400 programs throughout the United States and Canada.
John has published many books, chapters and articles on legal issues, including a chapter in The National Head Injury Foundation Guide to the: “Analysis, Understanding and Presentation of Cases Involving Traumatic Brain Injury.”
- More than 35 years of experience
- For more than 25 consecutive years, Mr. Powers has repeatedly been selected by his peers as one of “The Best Lawyers in America.”
- He is listed in the “Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers”.
- Selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers.
- Named one of the New York Area’s Top Lawyers in New York Magazine.
- Selected as one of The Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York State by The American Association for Justice.
- John K. Powers
- Powers & Santola, LLP
- 39 North Pearl St.
- Suite 6
- Albany, NY 12207