Gary W. Jackson
Practice Areas:Products Liability, Class Actions, Business Torts, Construction Defects, Serious Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Professional Negligence
Gary has practiced law for over thirty-seven years, the last twenty-two of which have been devoted exclusively to representing plaintiffs. After clerking for a federal judge in California, he became a litigation associate with the world’s largest law firm, Baker & Mackenzie. In 1986, Gary returned to North Carolina, where he was a partner with Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice. In 1995, he left “big firm” practice to begin representing individuals and small business owners, primarily against large corporate entities.
Gary holds leadership positions in several national and state legal organizations, such as the American Association for Justice, the Southern Trial Lawyers Association and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice. Gary frequently speaks throughout the country at educational programs for lawyers, and writes articles addressing current legal trends and developments. Recent recognition includes Gary’s selection to Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite”, “Outstanding Lawyers of America”, Litigation Counsel of America and “North Carolina Superlawyers”.
- North Carolina “Super Lawyers” (2006-2017)
- Past President, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” (2003, 2004, 2008)
- Litigation Counsel of America (Charter Fellow)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Ebbie Award (2009)
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice Kelly Crabtree Award (2011)
Gary W. Jackson
The Law Offices of James Scott Farrin
280 S. Mangum Street, Suite 400
Durham, NC 27701